In this video, I help you understand the value of creating a personal flywheel and the disproportionate impact it can have on your life.
This post serves as a COMPLIMENT to the video above.
Example Flywheel: Amazon
Example Flywheel : Jim Collins Personal Flywheel
JIM’S FLYWHEEL IN WRITTEN FORM
– Jim’s curiosity sparked a great big question. Feeling pulled by the question, JIM COULDN’T HELP BUT apply a rigorous research methodology to that question.
– By applying that Rigorous research methodology, Jim COULDN’T HELP BUT generate chaos to concept insights.
– BECAUSE Jim garnered Chaos to Concept insight, HE COULDN’T HELP BUT share and teach the insight. Whether it was writing about it or sharing it in the classroom or writing a book.
– BECAUSE Jim was writing and talking about it, HE COULDN’T HELP BUT, Impact the world using the work he was doing.
– BECAUSE Jim made an impact on the world, HE COULDN’T HELP BUT generate resources.
– BECAUSE Jim generated resources, that frees him up to be curious, HE COULDN’T HELP BUT find another big question.
THEN He takes the resources he’s generated and Starts the flywheel all over again.
- If you do [action], then you can’t help but [get to the next step].
- If you do the next step, you can’t help but [get to the next step].
- Then you start the cycle (i.e. the flywheel), all over again.
How to Create Your Own Flywheel
Compound Effect Darren Hardy
An excellent example of the outputs of a flywheel.
NOTE: Read more about how coaching lead to Ken discovering his personal flywheel.