Here’s the YouTube Video:
Connecting the Dots Moving Forward
Now, this may sound strange BUT stick with me here.
In Steve Jobs infamous Commencement Speech, he spoke about only connecting the dots going backwards.
You can’t connect the dots looking forwards. You can only connect them looking backwards.Steve Jobs
I politely disagree.
I believe you CAN connect the dots moving forward.
Since I’ve personal experienced it!
Where the convergence of things that you thought were seemingly unrelated, take on new meaning.
Similar to Steve Jobs taking the Calligraphy class after he dropped out.
And that turning into the famous (and well spaced) type fonts that we have today!
You CAN connect those dots moving forward using:
SYNCHRONICITIES and COINCIDENCES.
That’s why I was SO excited to hop on this podcast with Bernie and talk about the intersection of synchronicities and entrepreneurship.
Where You Can Find the Podcast
- [3:24-4:23] Introduction of what I do and how I do it.
- [5:01-6:50] Teaching entrepreneurship, nature versus nurture or nature X nurture
- [6:50- 7:50] The INK of Effectuation
- [9:20-11:50] How does knowledge tie into effectuation
- [11:53- 12:40] example of Duolingo
- [13:19-15:06] How to take INK and turn it into revenue
- [15:35-16:23]: The Freemium Business Model
- [16:24- 20:18] My “Meta-Meta” Coincidence Story With Bernie Part 1
- [20:18-23:20]: Defining Scenarios from Joesph Jaworski
- [23:20-24:20]: In-betweening (a concept from animation)
- [25:08- 27:29]: My “meta-meta” coincidence story part 2
- [27:30- 30:29]: Bernies perspective on the Meta-Meta Coincidence
- [30:31-32:50]: Bernie & I talking about our consulting relationship
- [32:12-35:13]: is part of the highlight of the book
- [36:26-40:05] Rumi, Bangladesh 🇧🇩 , Synchronicities
- [40:29-41:23]: Letting go of the conception of something to be what you might want to become
- [43:37- 46:01]: Wrap up the podcast and putting a pretty bow on it